The Art Barn ATX Summer Day Camp staff is looking forward to providing your child with a fun, memorable, and safe summer camp experience. Each camper has a responsibility to act in a way that assures a positive experience for all. All campers are required to follow these guidelines.
- Campers shall be responsible for their words and actions.
- Campers shall be respectful of others.
- Campers shall follow directions from staff members.
- Campers shall leave all electronic devices at home such as iPods, handheld computer games, MP3 players, and cell phones. (A parent/guardian must seek permission from the camp director in order for the camper to be able to carry a cell phone for emergencies).
- ArtBarnATX is for Ages 6 & up that have completed Kindergarten
- ArtBarnATX Summer Camps are for independently able children.
- Endangering the health and safety of themselves, other campers, and/or staff or volunteers.
- Stealing, damaging, or failing to care for Art Barn ATX or personal property.
- Continual disruption of the program.
- Refusal to follow the behavior guidelines.
- Inappropriate physical contact.
- Using profanity or inappropriate language or displaying clothing or other personal items with offensive content.
- Bullying or acts of aggression or violence.
- Possession or use of illegal substances, tobacco, or alcohol.
- Possession of weapons – any object that may cause harm to another, or place another person in fear of his/her safety, may be considered a weapon.
Steps taken for failure to follow these behavior guidelines
- Mrs. Gordon will redirect the camper to a more appropriate behavior.
- The camper will be reminded of the behavior guidelines.
- If the behavior persists, staff will discuss the problem with a parent/guardian.
- It may become necessary to have the camper picked up early from camp.
- If a camper’s behavior at any time threatens the immediate safety of him/her, other campers, or staff, the parent/guardian will be notified and expected to pick up the child immediately.
- If the child does get picked up and asked not to return to camp/there is no refund
Failure to comply with the Code of Conduct may result in the removal from the program and/or additional fees. There will be no refunds given for campers who are removed from the program due to violations of the Code of Conduct.